Long story short, the deal is that we have no idea what the deal is because nobody will give us a straight answer about anything. Will we be allowed to serve beer outdoors next week? We don't know, nobody will tell us. Will we be able to expand our outdoor space once we do reopen? We don't know, nobody will tell us. What will taproom service look like? You get the idea. But! We can tell you what we do know, so we're at least on the same footing, vague-knowlede-wise, so here it is in handy-dandy bullet-point format!
- Taprooms are included in Phase II of reopening
- Phase II (or possibly just the first, uh, phase of Phase II) only includes outdoor seating. So no indoor seating and no standing-room.
- We don't know if we'll be able to increase our outdoor space, but we're doing everything we can to make that happen.
- Our number one concern is making sure that customers and staff are safe, which means we'll be going into this slowly and carefully. Probably frustratingly so. But there's no set standard for what we're doing, so it seems foolish at best to just throw a couple tables outside and let things sort themselves out.
- Our sculptor said there were "structural and legal problems" with our idea for a marble sculpture of Horatio shooting beer out of his eye sockets, so we're no longer expecting to have that as the centerpiece for our outdoor space once we reopen.
** Which doesn't bode well for how it will go over with the sour-seekers, but that's neither here nor there