Firstly, we're gonna start off on a moderate down note and mention that we recently bid a tearful goodbye to the last remaining bit of Critters 3 on tap, which - for the time being - leaves us lacking funky beer on tap. But never you fear! We've still got (very small amounts of) bottles of all three Critters releases, and we're schemin' up some new funky good times to keep that series rollin', so keep them eyes peeled!
- Starting on Friday circa six PM, our street (Norman Street) will be shut down from the corner of Air Force Road all the way down to Teddie Peanut Butter. We'll still be open and you'll still be able to get here by car (via Tileston St. and Williams St.), but street parking becomes trickier and they may or may not be setting up in our lot on Friday (we're gonna have a stage and - if past years are any indication - a giant inflatable slide).
- The fest runs Saturday from 3:00-9:00. We'll be open beforehand if you wanna get the party goin' early, but we'll be closing at 9:00 for everyone's sanity.
- We'll have a couple outdoor pouring stations, where we'll be bringin' back a couple Old Favorites for a One-Day-Only Party Time Fiesta! There's gonna be Loretta and Smaltster and even a little bit of Chaos Reigns, so swing on by and reminisce with us about the heady times of several months ago!
- Since it's an outdoor fest, we'll be serving in plastic cups all day, which means no flights and no growlers for the duration (Big Stupid Cans are still a go, though). It's kind of a bummer, but nobody needs broken glass in a crowd this big.
- Lastly, we at least gotta mention the headlining bands. Village Fest has had a great track record of finding bands from the golden years back when MTV played music videos. There have been some ups and some downs and also a peculiar "concert" that was mostly the dude from Sugar Ray getting the name of the city wrong* and angrily ranting about cruise ships.** Anyway, this year they decided to span the spectrum with two headliners: The Wailers, and Fastball! We don't really know any of the other details, but it's sure to be entertaining in one way or another.
** Yes, really. No, I don't know why.